Friday 15 November 2013

The Hand of the Ship

Holy shit, I found this when looking for Horus Heresy on Amazon... not sure how long ago this was announced...

A few thoughts:

-Hmm, is Horus wearing the same armour - and basically in the same post - as on the cover of 'Tales Of Heresy'? Dude may need to diversify his wardrobe.

-Graham McNeill is back! 'Angel Exterminatus' was the shit! However, 'False Gods', the only Horus-centric book Graham has done, is one of my least favourite in the series. I think Graham's writing style has improved dramatically in the last few years, but his characterisation of Aximand, Abaddon and Horus himself were... shaky. Mind you I hated his version of Fulgrim in the titular book, but then in 'Reflection Crack'd' and 'Angel' he's a badass... I'm still a little dubious.

-I have been whining about a lack of Sons Of Horus books in the series for ages now, though, so I can't really be trippin'.

-So, what's the battle of Molech? This, apparently. Looks like some more opportunities for Gareth to do some freaky-ass Slaanesh orgies, the stuff he loves to do more than anything else in the world.

-I didn't know what Knight Houses were. It seems they're the bitter smaller cousins of Titan Legions. That could be pretty damn cool - I'm not really a massive fan of BIG MECH BATTLES, but of all the HH guys who've tried it, Graham's 'Mechanicum' stuff was the best to me.

-The fact this is on Amazon, and 'The Shattered Legions' or 'The Silent War' aren't - perhaps this is next up after 'Scars'? Then again, there's a looooong gap between both books' projected release dates.

Here's maybe the best cover ever:

1. "Premier Heretique" is the best thing ever.
2. "Du sang por le Dieu de Sang" shows that French Khornate players must be so much more genteel than their Brit counterparts. I can't make it sound like anything other than politely asking for a brand of herbal tea in a restaurant.
3. Angron and Lorgar are definitely some felons by now...

No comments:

Post a Comment